Vigyan Prasar is an autonomous institution under the department of Science & Technology, Government of India which is working to reach out and engage the youths of the country working in the field of science. A concerted effort was initiated in 1998 by the agency to bring various science clubs by VIPNET (Vigyan Prasar Network of science clubs). After getting the affiliation, depending on the number of science activities in a year, the schools can get the membership of various clubs e.g. gold, platinum clubs etc.
Cambridge School Greater Noida is a member of Science Club ‘CYGNUS’ (VP-UP0164) by VIPNET (Vigyan Prasar Network of science clubs) affiliated to Vigyan Prasar. The club has been upgraded twice since its affiliation and presently in the ‘Silver’ Category.
- More than 35 students from classes VI-IX participated in the online Astronomical quiz on Annular Solar Eclipse-2020 competition organized by Vigyan Prasar and MyGov, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India between 5th June to 15th June.
- 25 students from classes VI-X were registered for a week-long free online Summer training workshop on Astronomy and trained by Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune from 1st June to 5th June. Students were trained online through VIBHA Youtube channel for many activitIes.
- Nearly 20 students of classes VI-IX participated in Science based experiment/demonstration Video making competition “ Masti se Mastishk Tak” organized by Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan, a joint venture of Vijnana Bharti(VIBHA), Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science &Tectchnology, NCERT, HMRD.
Our students Bhavyansh Bhalla and Shubhangi Jaiswal were appreciated by the VVM team & VIBHA for their experiment in Physics while Preet Bhati of class VIII and Abhishek Prasad of class IX received the glory in Biology and Chemistry respectively. The link of appreciation videos are been given below:
Masti se Matishk Tak
- Ms. Suman Tewari, PGT (Physics) participated in an online workshop on Hands-on activities on Annular solar eclipse conducted by Vigyan Prasar on 5th June 2020
- On 21st June 2020 Ms. Suman Tewari, PGT(Physics) brought the eclipsed sun on the walls with the help of mirrors using the basic laws of reflection of light.
- On 23rd June 2020 Ms. Suman Tewari, PGT Physics attended a lecture is on “Earthquake Genesis and Public Panic with reference to NCR-Delhi Seismicity” delivered by Dr. O.P. Mishra, Senior Scientist, National Centre of Seismology, Ministry of Earth Sciences, New Delhi.