Most of us had the luxury to spend ample time in nature as children. We climbed trees, explored rocks and played many games outdoors with friends. While these were a lot of fun, they were also building our brains, bodies, and characters for later life. Various researches have also stated that nature exposure has numerous long-term benefits. Even the top 10 schools in greater Noida implement nature-based learning in their curriculum to help their students develop a love for the environment. It’s because children tend to absorb and adopt anything around them. And as parents, you always want them to absorb good things and what’s better than nature.
But we all have collectively made a lot of progress in the last decades. Look at us how civilized we have become with our high rise buildings, technological advances, and many more things. But all these advancements have also taken a toll on our nature and have pushed us away from nature. But we all need to understand the importance of building young children’s relationship with nature. It would harm our children, both physically and mentally, if they don’t know how to interact with nature. And that is also a reason why most parents are now looking for schools with lush green trees and bushes for their child’s school admissions 2021.
Children have become lost in these concrete jungles playing on slides, walking on metalled roads. But they also need to know what it is to experience real nature. As one of the best schools in greater west Noida, we have brought some solutions that will help you do the same.
- Naturalization of Playgrounds
One way is by growing more trees and greenery in our playgrounds because playgrounds are the place where children look forward to chilling and having a great time.
And this is a perfect way to include nature in their lives and teach them the importance of this prestigious gift.
There are many ways by which one can include nature in a plain playground. Some of them are:
- Lots of vegetation, including trees, bushes, flowers, and long grasses that children can explore and interact with often.
- Animals, insects, and several other creatures in ponds can be studies further.
- Sand, which can be mixed with water for playful learning.
- Diversity of colour, textures, and materials
- Ways to experience the changing seasons, wind, light, sounds, and weather.
- Natural places to sit and have a great time and provide shelter and shade.
- Many things like Structures, equipment, and materials can be changed accordingly.
There are a lot of benefits of this, some of them are.
- Children suffering from ADHD can be helped to concentrate better.
- Children who play in nature show increased motor skills and activities.
- Introducing children to the different environment help them develop awareness, reasoning and observational skills
- Making them aware of health benefits
The best way to make them engaged with nature is by teaching them the positive effects of nature on their body mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- Children who are active are generally good in academics
- They strengthen their immunity hence falling ill less often.
- It increases their cardiovascular and respiratory functions, strengthening their heart and lungs functions.
Children and our world both gain benefits if we increase our engagement with nature. If they are made to interact with nature then they would eventually develop a sense of responsibility and give full efforts to save this nature. Nature is something that we have to save for our future generation, and we can do it only if we act instantly on it.