Today, children are very hyperactive and parents exhaust most of their energy in taking care of them. The fact is that in most cases, both the parents are working and after working the entire day they do not have the energy to tackle with their energy. A child at home who can’t seem to sit still or listen mindfully and is always up to do something in, then we may say it is a sign of hyperactivity. Hyperactivity can even become worse if the child becomes reckless at school and develop carelessness both inside and outside the classroom. These kids are blessed with an abundance of energy, as they are always active even at odd hours. Hyperactivity in a young kid is absolutely normal, hyperactivity cannot be considered as any form of the disorder. Hyperactivity decreases the level of sufficient attention and thus the child never sticks to one activity at a time, he/she might be busy performing one activity at one time and within a few seconds, he/she might skip to another activity. Such kids are prone to never get tired and they can’t focus on anything and have short attention spans in general. Hyperactivity in children leads to poor academic performance, lack of socialization, and in severe cases even complete withdrawal from participating in group activities, which can thereby lead to depression, frustration, and poor self-esteem.
Common methods to manage hyperactive children:
- Getting involved in outdoor play with the child: Playing and walking outdoor rejuvenates both mind and body and also enhances their focus. This would not only loosen his/her mind but also help the child to enjoy nature.
- Getting the child calmed down: Getting a child to sit and relax is something that is very unlikely to any child. And if the child is hyperactive then the situation becomes really serious. Incentivizing the child is one method that can be utilized to make a child for even a few minutes at one place. BY this method the parent can provide captivating games that the child can enjoy while being at one place and by getting engrossed in that game.
- Changing the diet of the child: As most children nowadays love to consume fast food that is high in sugar, salt, and carbohydrate, thus the hyperactivity of a child can also be related to the food the child consumes. Providing home-cooked, green, and fresh leafy vegetables can alter the food habit of the child and can help provide the child with more vitamins and minerals and fewer carbohydrates, thereby reducing the hyperactivity of a child.
- Setting up a daily routine: Setting up a daily routine for the child is very important. A fixed routine can help a child become disciplined and more concentrated on the work allotted to them at school or at home.
- Parents should be observant: Parents should not neglect their kids, and should not leave them alone every day. They should take more interest in their child’s schoolwork and even in their daily activities. Hyperactivity in children at times develops due to the lack of attention of the parents towards the child. The child requires extra care and emotions
Cambridge School Greater Noida is one of the best C.B.S.E school in Greater Noida which is known for its academic excellence. We try to inculcate all the good habits ethics and mannerism in order to provide the overall development of a child for which we are recognized as one of the top school in Greater Noida. Our nursery admission in Greater Noida is now open for the session 2022-2023. Register today.